So what is OSM and why should you register to use it?
When your child joins the section your leader should send you an invite to OSM. This is a safe online program that makes record-keeping easier; a job that can take 2 – 3 hours a week. Many groups use it and we believe the content is as safe as it can be.
What can you use it for?
- View and update details about your child
- Check on you Childs badge process
- Update evidence of completing badge work at home.
- See instructions for meetings and events
- Sign your child up to events and make payments.
What safety measures are in place to meet with Data Protection?
- All communication with the site is over SSL, so the information cannot be intercepted.
- Passwords are hashed in the database.
- Parents can only see their own Childs personal data.
- Access to personal data on the system is only given to the leaders that need it.
- No personal information is shared on the the GroupWeb Site.