Scouts are aged 10 1/2 to 14 years old. At this age, we encourage girls and boys to take responsibility for themselves and each other, with older members leading a small team. They like being with friends and participating fully in the adventure of life.
Scouts continue the adventure and:
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn emergency aid
- Spend nights away – the summer camp is often the highlight of the year
- Help others in the community
- Cook, both at home and at camp
- Adventurous and sporting activities – anything from abseiling to zorbing
- Learn survival skills
We still carry on doing our badge work.
Scouts take part in a balanced programme that helps them to find out about the world in which they live, encourages them to know their own abilities and the importance of keeping fit and helps develop their creative talents. It also provides opportunities to explore their own values and personal attitudes.
At the age of 14 we encourage members to join explorers and or become a young leader.
For more information on Scouts, Explorers or the Young Leader Scheme please contact us.